If you are looking for a refreshing and tasty drink that will help you provide instant energy, you might have come across Tata Gluco Plus.
Tata Gluco Plus is a popular ready-to-drink glucose-based beverage that promises to refresh your taste buds, provide instant energy, and support immunity.
It comes in cup-shaped size and is available in around 5 delicious flavors.
And while Tata Gluco Plus is an affordable and convenient way to get a quick energy boost, is it good for your health?
Short answer: Tata Gluco Plus may give you an instant energy boost, but it is not good for your health. It is high in sugar and contain artificial colors linked to several health problems.
Let’s dive deeper into Tata gluco plus, including its nutritional value, ingredients and some commonly asked questions.
Nutritional value of Tata gluco plus
Though Tata Gluco Plus comes in different flavors, each has the same nutritional value.
A 100ml serving of Tata Gluco Plus provides the following nutrition:
- Calories: 41
- Carbohydrates: 10.3g
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Potassium: 29mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
Ingredients in Tata Gluco Plus
Tata Gluco Plus is made up of water, sugar and glucose as the main ingredients.
Besides these, each flavor of the drink contains:
- Concentrated juice: Each flavor of the Tata Gluco Plus contains 1.7% of concentrated apple juice.
- Acidity regulator: It is a food additive used to maintain the pH level of the drink. Tata Gluco Plus uses citric acid(330) as an acidity regulator.
- Preservative: It is a food additive that helps keep food fresh and prevents mould and bacteria growth. Tata Gluco Plus uses potassium sorbate(202) as a preservative.
- Emulsifier: It is a food additive that helps to prevent the ingredients in a food or drink from separating. Tata Gluco Plus uses glycerol ester(445) as an emulsifier.
- Artificial color: Tata Gluco Plus contain artificial colors, which makes them look appealing. These colors include tartrazine(102) and sunset yellow FCF(110).
- Flavors: Tata Gluco plus is packed with various flavors(natural and artificial). But what these flavors are is not disclosed on the ingredients label.
How much sugar is in Tata Gluco Plus?
Tata gluco plus is high in sugar containing 10.3g per 100ml serving. If you drink a whole Tata gluco plus pack(200ml), you will get 20.6g of sugar or roughly 5 teaspoons of sugar.
According to the American heart association, the daily sugar limit for men is 36g, and for women is 24g. Consuming just one pack of Tata gluco plus exhausts 57% of the daily sugar limit for men and 85% for women.
If consumed excessively or regularly, Tata gluco plus can significantly contribute to your daily sugar intake.
This can increase the risk of various chronic health problems, such as:
- Weight gain
- Non-alcoholic liver disease
- Heart disease
Does Tata Gluco Plus contain artificial colors?
Aside from sugar, another main reason that makes Tata Gluco Plus bad for your health is the use of artificial colors.
Depending on the flavor, Tata gluco plus contains two artificial colors: Tartrazine and Sunset yellow FCF.
While both of these colors are approved by FDA, many studies link them with various health issues.
Though there is no confirmed evidence of cancer, it is classified as an azo dye, which means it can still cause cancer(if consumed in excess).
Moreover, Sunset yellow FCF has been linked to allergic reactions, particularly in people with aspirin intolerance. It may also cause side effects such as nausea, hive, vomiting and digestion issues.
Note that these negative effects are more likely to occur when you consume a large amount of these colors. But because these artificial colors are widely used in food industries, there is a risk of overconsuming them.
Does Tata Gluco Plus provide instant energy?
Tata gluco plus can provide you with a quick energy boost due to its high sugar content. But, this energy is not long-lasting.
Consuming large amounts of sugar at once cause your blood sugar levels spikes, leading to a quick boost of energy.
However, the body quickly uses this energy, causing blood sugar levels to drop rapidly.
This drop in blood sugar levels makes you even feel more tired and sluggish. Or worst, it causes a feeling of hunger or craving for more sugar.
So, if you need long-lasting energy, consuming whole grains and fruits is better than relying on sugary drinks.
Does Tata Gluco Plus contain caffeine?
Tata gluco plus does not contain caffeine and solely depends on sugar(glucose) to provide instant energy.
Is it good to drink Tata Gluco Plus every day?
While Tata gluco plus does provide a quick energy boost, drinking it every day is not good for your health.
Drinking Tata gluco plus on a daily basis will significantly increase your sugar intake. Over time, this can increase the risk of various chronic health issues such as weight gain, obesity and diabetes.
It is only recommended to consume Tata gluco plus on rare occasions, such as while playing sports or doing other physical activities.
If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, it’s not a good idea to drink it.
Are there better alternatives to Tata Gluco Plus?
If your goal is to get instant energy, there are several better alternatives to help you. Here are a few of them:
- Fruits: Fruits like bananas or apples have good carbs, protein and fiber, which can help you get long-lasting energy.
- Glucon D: Glucon D is one of the most popular instant energy drinks people consume. It comprises 99% glucose with several minerals, such as calcium and phosphorus.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is an excellent source of minerals, electrolytes and antioxidants that can increase energy levels quickly.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is a good source of carbs and caffeine, which can provide a quick energy boost.
- Dry fruits: Dried fruit, such as almonds, cashews, dates and raisins, are a good source of natural sugars and fiber. Also, they are super easy to carry around.
While these options might be more expensive than Tata gluco plus, they can provide longer-lasting energy.
While Tata gluco plus is a refreshing and tasty drink that may provide instant energy, it is not good for your health.
The primary energy source in Tata gluco plus is sugar, which, if consumed excessively or regularly, can result in various health issues. In addition, it contains artificial colors linked to several health problems in studies.
However you can choose it for occasional consumption, but it should not be relied upon as a regular source of hydration or instant energy.
Found this information helpful? Share it.
Here are a few other posts that might also be helpful for you.