Breezer is a popular alcoholic fruit-flavored drink that was launched in 2002 in India. It was created by Bacardi, the largest privately held spirits company in the world.
It was the first entrant in the ready-to-drink category and is currently the market leader in its segment. There are more than 10 flavors of the Breezer, including apple, orange, peach, litchi, cranberry, etc.
The drink is most popular among young people who want to get started on their alcohol journey.
But is Breezer good for health? Is it as good for you as everyone says it is? That’s what we are going to find out.
Ingredients in Breezer
- Carbonated water
- Neutral spirit
- Fruits juice
- Acidity regulators
- Artificial colors and preservatives
How much alcohol does Breezer contain?
Breezer is available in more than 30 countries, and the UK is the largest market for it.
The amount of alcohol in a Breezer varies depending on the country. For example, the Breezer has an alcohol volume of 4% in the UK. In India, it has an alcohol volume of 4.8%.
If compared, Breezer has significantly more alcohol than fruit beer, slightly more than light beer, and significantly less than stronger beer.
It’s ideal for people who don’t like the taste or smell of alcohol or are new to drinking.
Is Breezer a beer or an alcoholic drink?
Breezer is neither a beer nor an alcoholic beverage.
It’s alcopop, a ready-mixed drink that resembles a soft drink but with little alcohol.
The simple definition would be Breezer is a low alcoholic beverage (LAB) for those who don’t like the taste or smell of alcohol but still want to enjoy it.
Are there any benefits to drinking Breezer?
If you think drinking Breezer has any benefits for your health, then you are wrong. It’s just a fruit-flavored drink that has been made to enjoy. It’s not a health drink.
Anyway here are some reasons why you should drink it.
- The brezzer is the way to go if you’ve never tried alcohol but want to. It will taste better than alcohol and will not have a more brutal intoxication effect on you.
- It has various flavors to choose from.
- Your mouth will not smell as bad as when you drink other alcoholic beverages.
- Perfect for those who don’t drink much alcohol but don’t want to be the odd man out at a party or get-together.
- It is less harmful to the liver than other alcoholic drinks.
Downsides of drinking Breezer
Drinking Breezer is safe for most people as long as they do not have any serious health problems.
Here are some valid reasons why drinking Breezer might not be good for your health.
- It has the same intoxicating effect on your body as beer.
- Breezer is high in sugar containing over 22g of added sugar. That’s about 60% of the daily added sugar limit for men and 88% for women.
- Breezer is made using artificial colors, which can cause hyperactivity, hives, depression, and asthma in the long run.
- If you consume too much Breezer, it will have the same negative impact on your health as alcohol.
- Breezer lacks nutritional value.
The popularity of beverages among people is high, and therefore it’s essential to know what’s healthy for you and what’s not.
So is Breezer good for health?
I won’t consider Breezer good for health. Why?
Due to its high sugar content and use of artificial colors. Additionally, if you drink in excess, it can have the same negative effects on your health just as other alcoholic beverages(After all, it contains alcohol).
However, if you really want to enjoy it, consume it occasionally and that too in limited amount.
Found this information helpful? Don’t be afraid to share it.
FAQS about Breezer
Yes, Breezer is an alcoholic drink as it contains 4.8% alcohol in India.
It’s not harmful to try Breezer for the first time. However, avoid drinking excessively. When you’re first starting out, stick to one bottle.
It will probably take 4-5 bottles of Breezer to get drunk.
This amount of Breezer will give you around 20% of the alcohol in your body, which is the same as half a bottle of vodka.
I have not tried many flavors of the Breezer but cranberry is one of the most loved and highest-selling Breezer flavors.
You shouldn’t drink Breezer daily as it has lot of sugar and it’s a low alcohol beverage. Drinking it on a regular basis could have serious health consequences.
Anything that is made out of artificial colors, preservatives and lot of sugar is bad for diabetic patient.